Thursday, April 21, 2016

Working on Running and Losing Weight

So I have been continuing on the Couch to 5K plan and made it into Week 5. Running feels pretty good now, though I still feel really slow. Maybe it is good that my husband walks with the baby stroller while I do my jog/walk (he sometimes runs at lunchtime), so I am not tempted to go too fast too soon. I don't want to bring back the tendonitis in my knee by overdoing it. I feel slow for a couple of reasons. First, I think it is a result of my weak core...it is getting better, but I feel like I just can't move my legs fast enough. And with thicker legs than I am used to, I am having the issue of the insides of my legs rubbing against each other uncomfortably. I guess I will have to get out the Friction Block stick that I haven't used since the marathon in 2013. Finally, this may be TMI, but I sometimes pee myself a little. I spend so much energy trying not to pee that I end up running quite slowly. Guess I better keep working on those Kegels!

However, I am super-excited to finally have lost another pound! Sure, it is only 1 pound, but I was thinking the scale was stuck for a while. I have lost only about 4 lbs. in the past 6 weeks. Still have about 20 more pounds to go, and I haven't tried on the dress for my brother's wedding (which is in 3 weeks) yet. I ordered only 1 or 2 sizes bigger than normal, so I am crossing my fingers!

Tonight's dance class, so hopefully I will have another update soon. In my next update, maybe I can find and share the easy veggie curry recipe that I discovered on the Internet back when I was pregnant. We made it the other night, and there are still leftovers in the fridge. I think it is one of my favorite meals I make at home.

Well, gotta go...sounds like I need to change a diaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment