Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Update

For all you other bloggers out there, how do you get the heading to show up? Mine either disappears or it adds on part of my first sentence. I used to be technologically-savvy, but not anymore. My husband laughs at me and my aversion to touchscreen phones, and we had a friend that once referred to me as "29 going on 92" (but that was because I was getting really into crocheting, a hobby I was never great at, but I may give it another go once the baby is born).

Anyways, I decided to post an update. I felt like I was just droning on each day, so I took a few days off from blogging, did a little scrapbooking and tidied up what will become the baby's room. Plus, as my due date approached, I was feeling a little crankier and didn't do as much cooking. Saturday my husband came home from work and asked what was for dinner. I said I was uncomfortable and feeling moody, so he asked "Chinese or pizza"? Wonderful answer from my wonderful husband :) So we ordered BBQ chicken pizza and pregnant wife was kept happy :)

As for dance, I managed to do warm up skips and the ceili portion of class, although already by the second ceili dance, all pep had left my step and I was just muddling through. I walked through a beginner reel step that we were supposed to learn in case it becomes part of a St. Patrick's Day performance routine, and then, aside from stretching, I was done for the night. At least I am a good visual learner, so even by just watching, it helps me. Like I noticed that in the slip jig, where I was landing a jump two-footed, I was actually just supposed to be landing on one foot. Still hoping I will be cleared to go back to my usual activities by St. Patrick's Day. I found out I might be traveling to see family the weekend of the Peach State Feis, which was one of the feisanna I was wanting to do this spring. Maybe I can do Buckeye State Feis instead, but that will give me less time to prepare, and it fills so fast, I might have to register before I am actually back at dance post-pregnancy. So I'm hoping that my return to feising won't have to be postponed until later this summer. Also, I think my brother's wedding conflicts with a dance performance, so my schedule for returning to dance is just all messed up right now. But I'll get there eventually.

We did have a successful tofu dinner tonight, sweet and sour soy with tofu-fried rice. My husband even went back for seconds! I don't know that I would ever make the tofu-fried rice again, though. It got too complicated trying to get everything done, so I think I'll just stick to plain rice next time. These recipes were from the "101 Things to Do with Tofu" book.

A hearty dinner from last week was another Self magazine one, Chicken and White Bean Stew, http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/organic-chicken-and-white-bean-stew-with-spinach-and-slow-roasted-tomatoes-232346. It was tasty, hearty, and perfect for a cold day. Plus, my husband didn't even realize the original recipe called for bacon (I left that out since I don't eat pork). I also omitted the celery, used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth (because that's what we had on hand), left out the shallots, and used microwaved, frozen carrots and spinach. I thought the slow-roasted tomatoes tasted a little too thyme-heavy, but I'm not sure if it was because I don't really like thyme or if it was because I used ground thyme instead of fresh. Also, I just made half the recipe, because it was supposed to make 8 servings, but we went through the leftovers really fast, so maybe I should have made more. Here's a picture of what mine looked like...






If you don't hear from me soon, it could be because I've gone into labor. It should be any day now! I think I might go to dance this week just to watch and to get out of the house, but not actually dance (unless they have an uneven number for ceili, then I might be talked into it).

No comments:

Post a Comment