Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Jogging Stroller Time!

I hadn't blogged in a while because I was staying with my parents for several days while my husband was doing some military training out of state. My mom's scale is apparently calibrated differently than mine, because I ate a bunch of junk food and it still looked like I lost a couple of pounds, 'til I got home to my scale. Ugh. Oh well, I guess I am still holding steady, weight-wise.

We got the approval from our pediatrician to jog with the little boy in the jogging stroller now. I feel like I have a new-found freedom to be me. I tested it out for 2/3 of a mile today. He was fine, but I was lamenting the lack of support in the nursing "sports" bra.

Last week, I felt so out of energy at dance class. Maybe it was because the little boy temporarily stopped sleeping through the night. He is mostly better now, though some mornings he wakes up around 5:30 or 5:45 am (just slightly before my husband's alarm clock goes off). Guess the little guy needed some extra feedings for brain food so he could learn to crawl :) He is now crawling a few steps, and eating some food other than just breast milk, so that should make it easier on me.

We decided I would do treble jig this weekend. I haven't practiced near enough, and with the caliber of competition, I need to be prepared that this could be the first time I come home completely empty-handed from a feis. We'll see if I can fit some practice time in this week, but we've got a lot going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment